The national bank of Pakistan (NBP) offers student loan schemes to those students who can’t afford their academic fees. This scheme helps to make the path easier for those students who have the ability and don’t have money to get an education. NBP Student loan scheme is for those students who are studying in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Ph.D. programs and have obtained a minimum of 70% marks in the previous courses. Complete information is provided below. You need to keep reading this page as you will get everything from this page whatever you want to know.
NBP Student Loans
In cooperation with the Government of Pakistan, NBP has launched a student loan scheme in collaboration with major commercial banks.
Banks that are in partnership with the SLS (Student Loan Scheme) program are:
- Muslim Commercial Bank (MCB)
- United Bank Limited (UBL)
- Askari Bank Limited (ABL)NBP offers interest-free loans to students who require financial support for their higher education.
- Students are required to meet the prescribed criteria to be eligible for this scheme.
Who can apply for a loan and what is the process followed to get an NBP student loan 2021.
- He/She must enroll in higher education institute for the study
- He/She must not have less than 70% marks in previous courses
- He/She must not be exceeding 21 years for under graduation
- He/She must not be exceeding 31 years for post-graduation
- He/She must not be exceeding 36 years for Ph.D.
- He/She has secured 70% marks in the last public examination.
- He/She has undertaken the study of the subjects given below
- He/She is unable to pursue studies due to financial constraints.
Those students who are going to enroll in M.Phil or Ph.D. must have at least 70% marks in the previous examination. Applicants should not have 3rd division. If these criteria are fulfilled then you will be eligible to apply for NBP student loan 2021.
Types of loan
The loan facility will be accessible for the entire duration of the study for:-
- 3/4 Schedule Fee
- Paid directly to the
- 3/4 Boarding expenses except meal charges University/College
- 3/4 Accession of textbooks — Disbursed directly to the student
Repayment of loan
The maximal period of repayment of the loan is 10-Years from the date of payment of the first installment. The borrower shall refund the loan in monthly installment after 6 months from the date of first employment or 1 year from the date of completion of studies, whichever is earlier.
- Oil Gas & Petro-Chemical Technology
- Economics, Statistics, and Econometrics
- Business Management Sciences
- Biology, Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Other Natural Sciences
- DAWA and Islamic Jurisprudence (LL.B/LL.M Sharia)
- Computer Science/Information System and Technology including hardware.
The bank requires only a few documents. Pick these documents and apply for NBP Loan 2021.
- Applicant CNIC
- Domicile of Applicant
- Bank Statement
- Fresh pictures of the applicant
How to Apply
All the students will apply through proper channels. Every student has an equal opportunity to apply but merit matters a lot. Now if you want to apply for the student loan scheme then you should visit the link which is mentioned NBP or will go to a nearby NBP bank for application. You just have to show your income statement and fill the application form. The next procedure will be guided by the bank where you will apply for a loan.